Highlight Your Entire Appearance with a Customized Smile Makeover
Many patients who are unhappy with their smiles would ideally improve multiple concerns such as staining, misalignment, and chips. Drs. Jay Chrisman and David Wyse can perform a smile makeover at their Bloomington, IL, practice that combines several cosmetic procedures into a single treatment plan. Patients receive treatment customized to their individual aesthetic goals, while often benefitting from cost savings and reduced treatment time. Read what our patients have to say about our outstanding level of care.
What Can a Smile Makeover Change?
A smile makeover can address multiple dental imperfections, including:
- Discoloration and stains
- Cracks or chips
- Eroded, misshapen, or disproportionate teeth
However, because a smile makeover is cosmetic, it cannot treat underlying health issues or conditions like gum disease, tooth grinding, decay, or severe misalignment. In fact, addressing aesthetic concerns before health problems can undermine the results of your makeover.
A smile makeover allows Drs. Chrisman and Wyse to focus on the bigger picture for your smile, rather than addressing multiple concerns individually.
If you suffer from gum disease or other conditions, your doctor will discuss preliminary treatment. While it is possible to combine restorative procedures with cosmetic treatment, a healthy smile is an essential foundation to finishing aesthetic touches.
Advantages of Combining Treatments
A smile makeover allows Drs. Chrisman and Wyse to focus on the bigger picture of your smile, rather than addressing multiple concerns individually. This way, they can take your facial appearance, lips, gum tissue, and teeth into account and customize the plan accordingly. In some cases, combining treatment can also reduce your overall cost of treatment.
What Services Do We Offer?
We offer a wide range of cosmetic procedures to address several types of aesthetic concerns:
- Dental Crowns: While primarily a restorative procedure, crowns can also improve a tooth’s appearance. These caps are fitted directly on top of a tooth, both protecting it from damage and hiding any flaws. Made of porcelain, customized crowns mimic natural teeth so closely that many people cannot tell the difference.
- Dental Bonding: This composite resin material is used to fill in or correct minor imperfections. Applied as a malleable putty, bonding material is shaped and trimmed into the desired appearance and then cured until it blends in seamlessly with the surrounding tooth. Our doctors may recommend bonding to repair chips or cracks, close spaces between teeth, and even change a tooth’s shape.
- Porcelain Veneers: Like crowns, these thin, porcelain shells are fitted directly over a tooth to improve its appearance. Veneers can be used to treat as few or as many teeth as you desire.
- Teeth Whitening: Our practice offers in-office teeth whitening with BriteSmile® to lighten patients’ smiles by eight or more shades in just one appointment.
- Tooth-colored Fillings: Both a restorative and cosmetic tool, tooth-colored fillings utilize the same composite resin as bonding and replace enamel damaged by tooth decay.
- Invisalign®: This subtle orthodontic option corrects minor to moderate bite misalignment and crookedness with a series of clear plastic retainers. The comfortable aligners can be removed for eating and proper brushing and flossing.
Contact Our Practice Today
Our practice is committed to providing the best care possible for every patient. Reach out today to schedule a consultation and discuss your options for a smile makeover.
“I love my "new teeth." I feel so much better about my smile. The staff at Dr. Chrisman's office was very friendly and professional. I would recommend them to anyone looking for excellent dental care.” Jennifer B