Makeover Your Smile With These Popular Treatments
You can have the smile of your dreams with a smile makeover! There are a wide range of dental procedures designed to improve the health and beauty of your smile. If you're seeking dental services, we welcome you to schedule a consultation at our Bloomington cosmetic dentistry practice with Drs. Jay W. Chrisman and David D. Wyse. Read on to learn about some of the most popular treatments for a full smile makeover.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening is one of the quickest ways to dramatically improve the look of your teeth. Teeth whitening can remove years of stains and discoloration, giving you a more youthful smile. Professional teeth whitening can brighten your teeth by eight shades in as little as one hour. Teeth whitening is perfect for those seeking immediate results.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is a process in which a composite resin is applied to the surface of the teeth to improve color and shape. Dental bonding can be completed in as little as one dental visit.
- Porcelain Veneers: For our patients in Bloomington, porcelain veneers are a favored option for creating flawless smiles. Like dental bonding, porcelain veneers are used to improve the shape and shade of the teeth. Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells that are bonded to the front surface of the tooth to mask such imperfections as small fractures, discoloration, gaps between teeth, and signs of wear.
- Porcelain Crowns: Porcelain crowns are perfect for improving the look and function of broken or decayed teeth. Porcelain crowns are custom-made, hollow, tooth-shaped caps used to encase and protect damaged teeth. Porcelain crowns not only prevent further damage, they restore the look of damaged teeth.
- Metal-free Fillings: Metal fillings can be an eyesore. Fortunately, there are now metal-free options in dental fillings. You can even have your old metal fillings replaced with tooth-colored fillings for a flawless smile! Tooth-colored fillings are made of either porcelain or composite resin. Both porcelain and composite resin can be custom made to perfectly match your teeth for a seamless blend. No one will be able to tell you have fillings.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are the leading treatment for tooth replacement. A dental implant is made of a titanium post secured within the jaw to which an artificial tooth is placed. The titanium post is placed within the socket of the missing tooth. As the jawbone heals around the post, a permanent bond is formed. An artificial tooth, customized to match the surrounding teeth, is attached once the healing process is complete. Dental implants offer the most secure, natural feeling option in tooth replacement. Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth or a whole set of teeth. Dental implants can also be used to support dental bridges and even dentures! Implant supported dentures utilize three to five implants to anchor the dentures within the mouth for a secure, comfortable fit.
Schedule a Consultation With Chrisman & Wyse
You can have the smile you've always wanted! Contact our offices today to schedule your personal consultation. We look forward to restoring your smile.